Buy on Amazon
To get the best price, you don't need to know their job or outsmart them. You just need to know what factors cause the price to go up and sidestep those. Find out the surprising thing you can do, taking about an hour of your time, that makes your chosen contractor give a competitive, honest price.
This delightfully juicy book covers the Three Things Businesses Value More Than Money, the 10 risk factors that increase the price, and how the payment schedule determines whether the job is done on time, or done at all.
Keeping yourself out of the overcharged group is easier than you think. It makes you a double winner, because customers who get a fair price are also more likely to get good work.
In this book . . .
- The three things Businesses value more than money—and how to use them to get the work for the cost of materials
- The ten types of risk that increase the price—and how to counteract each one
- Why accepting his under-the-table kickback or freebie is good for him and sucks for you (which is why he does it!)
- The warning signs of a swindler, and how to make yourself cheat-proof
- What goes into a good contract, and tips on what to include in a contract to keep you out of court
- How to handle issues after purchase. What to say during the phone call to become a happy customer again
- How to get your money back when you find out you paid too much--even after the job is completely done and paid in full
- Home additions & upgrades: a list of low-cost, easy features that will increase the feel of luxury and your enjoyment forever
Lynnette Hartwig, Project Manager and cost estimator, provides practical and effective methods for getting the best price right off the bat. From Fortune 500 to handymen and everything between, have the upper hand when buying from businesses.